An easy way for moms to keep track of vaccines and know what's due next.
Healthcare providers wanted new moms to have an easy way to check off vaccines and know what's due next in order to promote healthy kids and staying up-to-date with vaccines.
Keeping Track of Completed Vaccines
Check off vaccines when your child receives them.
Know What's Due Next
See what's due next and when.
Learn More About a Vaccine
Get all the details and adjust the date received.
Video of App Store Build
On the Circle app at Providence, I was a design team of one collaborating with a product manager, leadership, developers, QA, and copywriting.
Key Design Activities
- Performed three in-person interviews of moms to understand how they approach getting vaccines for their kids and how they keep track of it all. Their systems varied, but everyone agreed it was difficult to track down the info when they had to fill out school paperwork.
- Sat down with a director who partners with the healthcare systems, to understand what’s important to doctors and healthcare professionals and how they approach their patients. Providers wanted moms to know what’s due and when so they’d be sure to schedule appointments and stay up-to-date.
- Defined key tasks users need to be able to perform in order to be successful using the product.
- Created a brief after interviewing business stakeholders and talking to a few moms to how they approached getting vaccines for their kids and how they keep track of it.
- Iterated through several rounds of sketches, focusing on keeping the controls as native as possible so moms wouldn't have to learn anything custom, since this feature likely wouldn't be used every week (and even less once your child is older and is getting vaccinated less frequently).
- Developed wireframes and prototypes to communicate concepts to the product team and solicit feedback. I like to get feedback early from Product and developers.
- Created iterations based on feedback and made sure all corner cases where covered. Then, created visual design to incorporate the brand colors and improve hierarchy and clarity.
- Made a detailed prototype to communicate the interactions.
Launched in the Fall of 2017
Vaccine tracker shipped for Android and iOS in the fall of 2017.